Webinar: Bowel dysfunction in the residential aged care setting
Tue 28 Jan 2020 @6.30pm-7.30pm (AEDT)
This free webinar will look at the complex issue of bowel dysfunction, specifically in the residential aged care setting.
Topics to be covered include:
- medications commonly used in residential aged care and their impact upon bowel function
- the importance of applying and interpreting a bowel chart for residents
- management options such as laxatives, enemas and suppositories for those residents with bowel dysfunction
- ways to manage functional mobility, as both a preventative and management option for constipation
- the correct toileting position, and if this is possible in a residential aged care facility.
Dr Philip Street
Consultant Geriatrician working with the Alfred Health Continence Service at Caulfield Hospital, Melbourne.
Ms Janie Thompson
Nurse Continence Specialist and Continence Service Manager at Alfred Health Continence Service.